Introducing Kitchenette-ettes Rooms!
Kitchenette-ettes have come to Accent Inns!
Accent Inns is proud to introduce a brand new room type for our hungry travelers: the kitchenette-ette!
Now what is a kitchenette-ette exactly? In short, it’s a kitchenette, but just a little bit smaller! A kitchenette-ette is an all-in-one mini kitchenette cleverly designed and thoughtfully assembled to give you a quick and easy way to make meals inside your room – whether that be steak, fries or even a roast chicken!
It’s like having a kitchen without, you know, actually having a kitchen.
Right now non-essential travelling should be avoided in British Columbia as per provincial public health recommendations. But if you ARE an essential traveller, you may want to avoid dining out every night you’re in town. We have all the essentials waiting for you in our awesome kitchenette-ette rooms.
Each kitchenette-ette includes a mini fridge, a microwave and a convection toaster oven (aka an air fryer). The handy units also contain all the nuts and bolts necessary for cooking up a recipe for success, including disposable baking trays, cutting boards, tin foil, dishes, utensils, a kettle, a coffee maker and even a wash basin and soap.
So, if you’re on an essential journey, we’ve got you covered – a convection oven and kitchen tools for your chef needs, a microwave for those minute meals and a handy fridge to save things for later.
The small but mighty convection oven does it all and comes with five different functions: bake, broil, toast, keep warm and air fry. Yes, you read that right. It can air fry, which means that the possibilities are endless. Air-fried fish n’ chips, air-fried pizza, air-fried pierogies…you name it! Crispy, hot and cooked with less fat! (FYI Wings are also delicious when cooked in the air fryer, but our ducks do get a little nervous when we mention it.)
Our kitchenette-ettes prove that great things come in iddy-biddy packages, especially when it comes to whipping up quick and delicious meals.
At a loss for what to make? Here are two easy recipes to get you started.
Broiled Pork Chop ettes (serves 2)
- 2 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- Any additional seasoning of your choice (black pepper, herbs, onion powder, paprika)
Prep time: 5 mins. Cook time: 25 mins
- Preheat the convection oven to Broil
- Season the pork chops on both sides with whatever you like!
- Place the pork chops on the baking pan and into the oven
- Set the timer to 15 minutes
- Flip the pork chops after 15 minutes and place them back into the oven. Set the timer to 10 minutes
- Serve with salad or minute rice on the side, if you like!
Chicken Quesadilla-ettes (serves 2)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper for taste
Prep time: 10 mins. Cook time: 30 mins
Cook the chicken:
- Pre-heat the convection oven at 450F
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. of oil on both sides
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Take the chicken out of the oven and shred
- Lower the convection toaster oven temperature to 350F
- Spread the refried beans among the 2 tortillas, top with chicken and shredded cheese
- Fold the tortillas in half and pour oil into the air fryer basket
- Place the quesadillas in the basket and fry for 15 mins
Holy guacamole! Those look good. So, there you have it, same great rooms and convenient locations and now with kitchenette-ettes. Give us a call to book your kitchenette-ette today!