Your privacy and trust matter. At Accent Inns we are committed to maintaining high standards for the protection of your personal information. This policy outlines the type of information we collect or may be sent to us, the methods we use to collect personal information, the policies and procedures we have in place to manage its use and storage, and related to any times we may share personal information in specific circumstances. We’ll show the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions should be directed, and the method by which to communicate with that employee.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest stays and/or requests, when such information part of the Accent Inns guest profile in the course of transacting business with an individual. Note: Accent Inns uses a 3rd party POS and reservations system, “Maestro” and their privacy policies also apply. Accent Inns also works with More Rewards and customers with More Rewards cards are also subject to their privacy policies.
How we receive your personal information:
1. By making a reservation or participating in an event operated by Accent Inns
2. By registering with Accent Inns Corporate rate, frequent stay or other programs
3. By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards.
4. By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
5. By participating in a contest sponsored by or including participation of Accent Inns.
6. By visiting our website – signing up for our emails or blogs or spending time on our website or any associated online sites including social media.
Reservations: When making a reservation or using any of the above listed Accent Inns services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you, and to process your purchase and requests. This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number, and expiration date. It may also include your preferences such as type of room, type of bed and etc. We also offer special rates or programs from time to time that may have qualifying criteria.
If you order or participate in packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Accent Inns may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about our services or company and those of select third parties. Your information will not be given to these third parties unless otherwise specified during a contest or promotion. If you do not wish to receive such offers and information you may “unsubscribe”.
Preferred Corporate rate programs: As a preferred guest of Accent Inns, you will have access to special rates and offers. Because the program is designed to deliver a higher degree of personalized service, additional personal information may be required. Application for this program is voluntary. By choosing to participate, you consent to the supply of and use of the personal information.
Frequent stay and Rewards programs: As a guest of Accent Inns, you have the opportunity to earn rewards. These reward programs are designed for individuals who stay on a regular basis or book rooms on behalf of a larger corporate or group entity. Because the program is designed to deliver a higher degree of personalization of service, additional personal information may be required. Participation is voluntary. By choosing to participate, you have consented to the supply of and use of the personal information.
Information provided to us by guest comment cards: Guest comment card information will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect to them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery, and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Accent Inns Special Offers/Promotions/Events you receive via email (e-broadcast) or social media: To sign up for these services, we require you to provide us with your e-mail address, first name, last name, and residence address. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every e-mail broadcast and you will no longer receive e-mail offers and promotions for the specified subscription or website, as the case may be. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive e-mail offers. Participation in online and social media contest allows us to mention your online name in relation to the program or post you participated in.
Signing up for emails notices: If you agree to receive emails from Accent Inns and our affiliates, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name and e-mail address. You will then be asked to select the property(s) and type of promotions you wish to receive. Signing up for our mailing list enables you to receive coupons, promotions and updates.
Website and online advertising: We partner with various advertisers and social media sites for our Display Advertising and Remarketing programs. Pixels and cookies are a main part of this type of advertising. Display Advertising helps us gather data about our followers and where they are spending time on the web. Remarketing is used by Google and third-party vendors to show ads across the Internet based on Display advertising. You may unsubscribe at any time: Ads Preferences Manager.
When do we disclose your information?
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Accent Inns, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with Accent Inns and our locations for which your reservation has been made so that they may provide the services you have reserved.
3. Personal information may be shared with other package partners so that they may better provide services to which you have indicated you wish to receive.
4. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
5. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Accent Inns to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
6. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Accent Inns to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
7. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Accent Inns, it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Accent Inns to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
1. Accent Inns will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
2. Accent Inns will protect your personal information with physical and electronically appropriate security safeguards to the best of our knowledge at the time.
3. Accent Inns will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties and only disclose information as detailed above.
4. Accent Inns will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
5. Accent Inns will honour your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you. If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Links: For your convenience and enjoyment, our websites may contain links to other web sites. Accent Inns does our best to review these sites but is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. We would urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.