Five Reasons You Should Visit Richmond BC!
Our Top Five Things to do in Richmond BC
We’re so darn happy to be in Phase 3 here in British Columbia and we bet you are too. Thank you, Dr. Bonnie, for being you and accompanying us to through this unprecedented time. At Accent Inns, we’re staying calm, staying kind and staying safe. Big time.
Now that British Columbians are finally stretching their legs, spreading their wings and waddling across our province, we want to share with you the best-kept secret of the Lower Mainland: Richmond. It’s awesome. Whether you’re coming from the city or further afield, Richmond is a great place for a fun BC staycation. Wine, parks, entertainment, fishing villages, and delicious food.. and all totally safe. We’ve included some of our favourite Richmond gems below, and ll of our suggestions are locally owned, open for business and have safety guidelines in place.
Book a stay at Accent Inns Vancouver Airport as your Richmond home base! Here is our list of the top five things to do in Richmond:
1. Sing away the pandemic blues at Millennium Karaoke . Let’s face it, 2020 hasn’t been the best so far. We could all use a little light-hearted fun. And that’s exactly what you’ll get at Millennium Karaoke. Belt out your favourite tunes in one of Millennium Karaoke’s private rooms, with full liquor and food service! Physical distancing can’t get any easier when you’re in your own private room, can it? If you’re not in the mood to sing, that’s fine! Just hang out in the lounge, play some darts or ping pong, and listen to some groovy music.
2. Explore Lulu Island Winery. Metro Vancouver’s largest winery is right here in Richmond. Their popular grape tunnel and 15 acres of lush vineyards makes it the perfect summer spot. Just a 10-minute drive from Accent Inns, this Tuscan inspired winery features six spacious, country-style wine tasting rooms, where guests can taste their wines by the glass. Make sure you try some Ice-wine – also known as Canada’s liquid gold!
View this post on Instagram
Happy Winesday! I've finally got to visit the @luluislandwinery ! And it was such a great experience! Alan, our host, was very nice and guided us through an amazing tasting experience. I couldn't leave the place without some bottles. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Quick notes: * They are well known for their ice wines and fruit wines (raspberry and blueberry). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ * I am not a fan of ice wines so I didn't try it. But I did try the berry ones. Raspberry is nice and smells like jam (can I have it for breakfast?). Blueberry was my favorite! Never tried something like that. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ * Their award winning is the Merlot (aged in French Oak barrels for 12 months). And it was my favorite wine overall. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ * They also have really nice whine wines. My favorite one was Chardonnay Muscat. Not sweet at all and it has a nice, crisp and lemony finish. (I missed the picture here)
3. Grab a bite to eat and enjoy beautiful views at Milltown Bar & Grill. Patio season is (finally!) here and restaurants are slowly beginning to open back up – following physical distancing guidelines and safety measures, of course! Milltown Bar & Grill has, not one, but two gorgeous patios! The north patio overlooks the mountains and the brand-new Milltown Marina, and the south patio overlooks the Fraser River and the main YVR runway. Whichever one you pick, you’re guaranteed a great view. You will truly be supporting local here, as all the dishes on their menu use ingredients that are either house-made or are locally sourced.
View this post on Instagram
When all you want are 'chos… #nachos #choswithbros . . . . . . . . 📸: @ed5standingby #mikathemaltipoo #maltese #poodle #maltipoo #dogsofinstagram #instadog #maltesedaily #barkpost #dogsofvancouver #dogstagram #cutestdogever #puppylove #dogslife #dogsofcanada #bestwoof #picoftheday #instagramdogs #ilovemydog #dogscorner #dailyfluff #ruffpost #dogoftheday #upgfamily #weareunitedpaws #unitedpawsgroup #upg #tgif
4. Satisfy your sweet tooth at Sinfully The Best. Sinfully The Best specializes in hand-made specialty chocolates and sweets, perfect for those sweet cravings. Make sure you try the mousse, and the truffle, and the chocolate covered banana chips…and, well, everything else! We just can’t pick a favourite because they’re all so delish! We recommend you pack some treats to go, no matter how full you think you are. There’s always room for second dessert when you’re relaxing in your Accent Inns room later!
5. Explore Britain through food, at Steveston’s Best of British Food & Gifts. Unfortunately, most of us have had to cancel all our 2020 travel plans. But we can still explore a new country…through food! Steveston’s Best of British Food & Gifts, located in Historic Steveston Village, offers a wide assortment of authentic imported treats from Britain! Explore all of Britain’s culinary wonders in the form of sweets, baked goods, pies and meats. You can easily spend an afternoon wandering through adorable Steveston Village, and you’ll feel like you traveled. What a dream!
View this post on Instagram
🌲 New start (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و 🏃🏻♀️🏃🏻♀️🏃🏻♀️ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . #canada #britishcolumbia #beautifulbc #vancouver #richmond #vancouvertrip #travelvancouver #steveston #stevestonvillage #stevestonbc #stevestonpier #stevestonsunset #garypoint #thefishermanswharf #fishermanswharf #workingholiday #캐나다 #벤쿠버 #밴쿠버 #벤쿠버여행 #밴쿠버여행 #워홀 #워킹홀리데이 #리치몬드 #스티브스톤 #스티브스턴 #🇨🇦
Now that we’ve inspired you, be sure to book your room and start exploring. Richmond is a hopping place and it’s time to duck out of your routine and start exploring local.
Best of all, right now you can save 25% off your Accent Inns room all summer long, or choose to donate that 25% savings to Variety, a Children’s Charity through our No Ducks Left Behind program! Learn more here.
See you soon!