Diversity Summit Comes To Victoria BC
The Community Partnership Network (CPN) welcomes Accent Inns as a sponsor of the November 21 Diversity Summit taking place at Mary Winspear Centre. Accent Inns Victoria hotel will be providing the overnight lodging for the Summit’s exciting roster of speakers and workshop presenters.
Accent Inns is proud to be a long time member of the Community Partnership Network and is part of a network of more than 120 local agencies, businesses and institutions committed to building diverse, welcoming and inclusive communities in Greater Victoria. CPN members work to develop their capacity by sharing resources and information aimed at promoting and supporting our increasingly diverse region.
The Diversity Summit is a day-long conference that brings together CPN decision-makers, invited guests and diversity experts to learn, network, and share knowledge, inspiration and ideas. The Diversity Summit will support CPN organizations to more effectively welcome and include diversity in the workplace and the community. The day features an outstanding roster of presenters with diversity expertise, including:
- Lionel Laroche, President of MultiCultural Business Solutions, has provided cross-cultural training, coaching and consulting services to over 15,000 people in nine countries
- Alden Habacon, sought-after speaker and consultant on interculturalism in Canada, diversity in the media and strategic hiring
- Dr. Roberta Neault, award-winning career management specialist with over three decades of relevant experience in coaching, consulting, training & research
- Meharoona Ghani, former director of multiculturalism and anti-racism programs for the Province of B.C. She led the creation of EmbraceBC
- Lina de Guevara, founder of PUENTE Theatre and a specialist in the techniques of Transformational Theatre, Theatre of the Oppressed and Commedia dell’Arte
The Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria (ICA) serves as the lead agency for the CPN. To learn more about ICA see www.icavictoria.org and for more information about the CPN and the Diversity Summit, please visit the CPN webpage at http://www.icavictoria.org/community/community-partnership-network
The Diversity Summit is offered thanks to funding from WelcomeBC, the Government of Canada and the United Way of Greater Victoria.
Dave Southern, ICA Contractor