Spring Break without Breaking the Bank
So maybe you won’t be saying “Aloha” or even “Hola” this spring break, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend it sitting at home drooling over your friends’ vacation snaps.
It’s not too late to give yourselves a spring break to brag about. Think: an affordable getaway a little closer to home that gives you plenty to post about. All the while, staying at a cool, friendly hotel that puts the accent on fun. Do you see what we’re getting at, here? There are some absolute GEMS for you to discover in BC this Spring Break. Below we’ve listed FIVE amazing destination and THREE awesome reasons to visit for Spring Break.
- Capital City Comic Con a family event held March 22 – 24. It’s an absolute heaven for lovers of comics, toys, games, science fiction, pop culture and special guests!
- The Royal British Columbia Museum is a total must-see, whether you’re traveling with kids or not. Step back in time to experience Victoria in the 1880’s or get up close with First Nations culture. If you visit before March 24, you’ll get a chance to explore a spectacular Wildlife Photography Exhibit.
- Butchart Gardens is the quintessential spring destination. It’s a National Historic Site of Canada with over a million plants and lots to see and explore. You’ll definitely get some memorable and gorgeous spring break pics with the whole family here!
View this post on Instagram
We may not have summer flowers yet but we do have gelato. The Gelateria, located in the Italian Garden, is now open on sunny days. We invite you to come treat yourself. — Our talented culinary team honed their gelato-making skills in Italy, where they met with suppliers and attended Gelato school to better understand the mechanics of creating flavours and production techniques. Then, they came back and got to work creating a mouthwatering selection of flavours ranging from savoury to sweet. Learn more at www.butchartgardens.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-gelato-at-the-butchart-gardens/ Photo credit: @jenninaturally
Victoria Accent Inns Victoria is located smack dab in the middle of Greater Victoria, making us a great home base for your Spring Break explorations. We’ve got free bikes to roll around town with, and a first come-first served shuttle service.
- Explore the quaint fishing village of Steveston. There’s plenty of history, nature, food and window shopping to experience in this historic village just fifteen minutes from our Vancouver Airport hotel. Whether you want to hop on a whale watching excursion, explore the Brittania Shipyards National Historic Site or just enjoy some classic fish n’ chips….there’s going to be something for the whole family here! Bonus: You can also visit the set of Once Upon a Time if you have any TV junkies in your family!
- Go for gold! When you visit the Richmond Olympic Oval you can relive all the excitement of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics with interactive exhibits, artifacts and interactive sport simulators. It’s never too early or too late to start your Olympic career!
- Pump up your adrenaline at Richmond’s Extreme Air Park. Betcha didn’t know that Richmond is home to Canada’s LARGEST trampoline park. With 42,000 square feet of bounce-tastic activities like Dodgeball, the Foam Zone or Zero Gravity Basketball, this place is a dream for kids and kids-at-heart (although take it from us: adults are going to tucker out faster!!) Want other ways to play? Richmond has world-class go karts, an indoor beach, bowling, rock climbing and more. Best. Spring Break Ever!
Our Vancouver Airport Hotel is less than a thirty-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver, so don’t limit your adventures to Richmond! Get out and see the city!
- Explore Vancouver in all its glory. The coolest part about our Burnaby hotel is that we have a SkyTrain station just a few minute walk away. AND we have free parking. Buy yourself a day pass and freely take in all that Greater Vancouver has to offer: from Granville Island to ScienceWorld to a hockey game. Why not?!
- 24 Hours of Winter at Grouse Mountain means you can spend an entire weekend of non-stop (and we mean NON stop!) skiing, snowboarding, skating, snowshoeing, AND THEN dancing to DJ music. What’s not to love? Our extremely comfortable beds are going to feel EXTRA cozy after that!
- Metrolpolis at Metrotown provides endless shop ‘til you drop opportunities! It’s the second-largest mall in Canada and, let’s face it, you deserve a shopping spree!
Wanna experience a little bit of nature? Grab one of our free bikes from Accent Inns Burnaby and visit Deer Lake Park!
- Visit the Myra Canyon Park to walk or cycle over a piece of BC history: the scenic railway trestles of Myra Canyon. The views here are spectacular, but so is the journey there! We highly recommend you make a day of it, spending time to stop & visit the orchards, gold courses & vineyards!
- Go spring skiing at Big White! Enjoy that champagne powder and hit the slopes! Big White has adventuers for the whole family, including snowshoeing, alpine and Nordic skiing. Wanna try something new? Try hitting the slopes at night for a thrilling adventure.
- Hike at Knox Mountain Park. Stretch the legs, pump up your cardio and really earn those scenic views of Kelowna!
Our Kelowna Hotel is centrally located, which means we’re just a few minutes away from Okanagan Lake, the wineries (oh yes, that’s a must too), fantastic restaurants and shops.
- Ski Sun Peaks. Take the fam to the interior’s largest destination ski resort, offering award-winning skiing, snowboarding, golf, mountain biking, lodging and dining. March 22-23 is the annual Hub International Nancy Greene Festival–a world-class event for young skiers to showcase their sweet skills!
- Shred it on Canada’s largest bike park, the Bike Ranch, catering to various skill levels and hosting pro riders. If your bikes don’t fit in your car, don’t sweat it. Borrow some of ours!
- Saddle up to the Kamloops Cowboy Festival featuring exhibitors, performances, dinner and dancing. Running from March 14-17, it’s definitely a yee-haw time!
Our Kamloops Accent Inn puts you in the heart of cattle country, but also close to downtown. So, milk your stay for all its worth.
Time to put your spring planning to bed! Book an Accent Inns getaway today.