Top 5 Reasons to Travel in September
- The kids are back in school! Now don’t get me wrong I love kids, I have three grandchildren, but sometimes it’s nice to get away for a quieter time – perhaps get a chance to use the pools at Accent Inns Kelowna, or Kamloops, when they’re not crowded with inflatable ducks, Disney characters and screaming youngsters.
- There’s less traffic; not only on the roads but also at attractions, wineries, art galleries etc. Generally, the pace is a little slower, less frenetic.
- Unless you enjoy the blistering heat, especially the record-breaking weather we have experienced this summer, September is normally a little cooler, not cold by any means but a little more comfortable.
- In many parts of the province, come mid-September the fall colours are starting to appear and the countryside starts to enter its red, orange and yellow phase. Great places to experience fall colours and other autumnal activities near to your Accent Inns’ hotel include:
- Fall festivals – tis the season for some fabulous fall festivals including the biggest and best of them all the Okanagan Wine Festival. Or, if music is what soothes your soul take in the Rifflandia Festival (September 17-20) in Victoria. Over 100 performances on 10 stages – now that’s a music festival not to be missed during your fall travels!
Wherever you drive in BC this September you’ll see great fall colours (probably early this year), lots of attractions, great fall produce and in the Okanagan the wineries and orchards are possibly at their best!
Blue Beetle Creative