Letter from President & CEO, Mandy Farmer
To My Valued Guests,
Like everyone, I’ve been following the COVID-19 situation closely. I want to share an update so you know how we are taking care of our employees, guests and community at this time. As a third-generation, family-run business we care very much for everyone that is part of our Accent Inns family, and right now we are living our core value of Having Each Other’s Back’s big time. Specific steps we have taken to ensure safety at our properties include:
- Keeping Our Team Safe: This is my number one priority. We are maintaining the strong sense of community we have here at Accent Inns because we know our community will help see us through this difficult time. To protect our team, we are supporting work from home wherever possible, practicing social distancing at all properties and supporting with sick time if needed. We are also ensuring all staff have the tools and resources to stay safe at work, out in the community and at home with their families.
- Common Areas Closing: As a response to the BC Provincial Health Officer extending a ban on mass gatherings to groups of more than 50 people, Accent Inns is closing all breakfast rooms until new information comes available. To help facilitate social distancing, we are also closing all exercise rooms, hot tubs and saunas until new information comes available.
- Daily Meetings: As the COVID-19 crisis is a rapidly evolving situation, we meet with all staff at a minimum of once a day to discuss the current status and risk levels. We review safety and cleaning protocols and discuss all concerns that may have arisen. We remind our team that frequent handwashing is a critical factor in keeping the virus at bay.
- Additional Staff Training: Our staff are already exceptionally adept at housekeeping and hygiene practices. We are still providing them with enhanced COVID-19 awareness training to inform their cleaning practices.
- Heightened Cleaning Protocols: Like everyone else, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting guest rooms and public spaces. We’ve increased our regular disinfecting schedule for ‘high-touch’ areas like the front desk, elevator buttons, doorknobs, public washrooms and room keys. This also applies to back of house areas. We will continue to do full, deep and disinfecting cleans for each room after every check out.
The most important thing I can ask of you is to take care of yourself. Nourish your body and boost your immune system with healthy food, good sleep, hydration and movement. Let us take care of each other.
President and CEO
Accent Inns Inc.