Posts Tagged ‘kelowna hotel’
‘Fish for the Future’ program supports British Columbia’s natural environment
For Immediate Release
August 24, 2010
New Accent Inns ‘Fish for the Future’ program supports British Columbia’s natural environment
Victoria, B.C. – Accent Inns hotels has just launched a new program that will see to the long-term viability of British Columbia’s natural resources, as they continue to fulfill their vision of supporting local groups that strive towards improving the B.C. environment.
“Building business and building community truly go hand-in-hand,” said Accent Inns CEO Mandy Farmer. “And in launching ‘Fish for the Future’ program, we’re showing that it’s possible for every one of us to make a positive difference in our world – a core value held by Accent Inns.”
The program, underway this month, is simple to support. For each guest who stays at any one of the BC hotel’s locations and shows a valid freshwater or salt water fishing license, Accent Inns will donate $2.00. Accent Inns ‘Fish for the Future’ partners are: Freshwater Fisheries Society of B.C. and Pacific Salmon Foundation. In addition, the Accent Inns Vancouver Airport hotel also has supporting services for the fishing enthusiasts with free shuttle service to the South Terminal / float plane terminal for the ‘fly-in’ fisherman as well as providing freezer service. (more…)
The 5th Annual Walter Gretzky CNIB Golf Classic is August 5th at Olympic View Golf Club. This year they have many new experiences for the golfers, including a live auction Hawaii Package, featuring return airfare with WestJet, green fees at Wailea Golf Club, and a 5-night stay in deluxe ocean view accommodations at Fairmont Kea Lani!
On the course you have a chance to win 2 cars or $10,000 cash! Activities on the course will include ‘Beat the Blind Golfer’ challenge, a putting contest and a trivia contest! Enticing samples will also be available!
1) Go on a road trip with no plans at all. Don’t make one hotel reservation, green fee, or concrete plan… just wing it! Who knows where you will end up, the people you will meet, the places you will see?
2) Rent a jet ski. No expertise or experience needed, just hop on and throttle it! Best place to do this? Kelowna. Then go for drinks on an outdoor patio, bask in the sun, and take a leisurely walk back to the Kelowna Accent Inn, 10 minutes away. Ahhhh, summer!
3) Take a dinner cruise on BC Ferries. I’m not kidding! The buffet on a BC Ferry is actually quite stunning as you enjoy the view from your window table while the boat meanders through the Gulf Islands. They’ve also now got a new and much improved dessert buffet which has high quality desserts such as Florentines, caramels, cheesecakes, cupcakes and even more delectables that I didn’t have room for (don’t worry, I’ll go back). It’s actually affordable especially if you have children (they eat free 5 & under). And, the best part? I got a top notch manicure and pedicure in their spa!
4) Eat, eat and eat! You are allowed to eat anything on vacation, right? Diets go out the window, so take full advantage.
- A Rocky Mountain caramel apple dipped in white chocolate- oh my goodness. Perfect while strolling Government St. in Victoria and Robson Street in Vancouver. Hey, it’s an apple, what does the doctor say?
- Wannawafel in Market Square in Victoria or Café Medina in downtown Vancouver. You have never eaten such chewy, tasty treats dipped in luxurious toppings such as Belgian chocolate or vanilla ice cream. They are reason enough to go on vacation.
- Speaking of ice cream… Roger’s Chocolates just opened an old fashioned Soda Shoppe in downtown Victoria. Perfect for milkshakes, real Italian soda with syrup, waffle cones… all made with the finest of ingredients in the coolest of cool historic locations.
- The Pour House in Vancouver takes everyday staples such as mac and cheese, pork and beans, and turns them into gastronomic culinary achievements in a hip restaurant in the heart of Gastown in Vancouver. Lick your fork – there’s pie!
- Well, since we are speaking of pie, I must mention the fabulous pizza pie that Pizzeria Prima Strada serves up in Victoria. Have you read Eat, Pray, Love? The author travels to Italy and discovers REAL pizza which changes her life forever. This is the pizza that I’m talking about. It’ll change your life.
- We are on a roll here! When can you justify eating this heavenly but extremely fattening Canadian delicacy, except while on vacation? Bin 4 Burger Lounge, now we’re talking! their burgers are darn good (local flavours with premium ingredients – it sure makes a difference).
5) And the last thing to do on vacation in BC? A good work out. Yeah, just even reading that list of sinful food adds a couple pounds. So pack your runners and go for a power walk or run along Victoria’s Dallas Road admiring the vista of the Olympic Mountains, the boat traffic in the Strait of Georgia and the never dull people watching. Run/walking around Stanley Park or the seawall in Vancouver isn’t too shabby either. And the best part is you can probably eat your waffle cone or caramel apple as you power walk on by!
Just remember, no matter where you spend your time there is a good chance a Accent Inns BC Hotel is nearby to be your home away from home.
For immediate release
Accent Inns’ Explore BC Road Trip celebrates the best of British Columbia with special rates and everything from bison to biking to Butchart Gardens
Victoria, BC, June 15, 2010– From encounters with bald eagles, camels, bison or elk, to high tech experiences, some of BC’s best shopping, explorations in wine country, or outdoor adventures, Accent Inns is offering up some of British Columbia’s most unique experiences with their Explore BC rates and packages this summer.
Congratulations to John Hunter who is the official winner of a custom-made 4 night BC Road Trip! John’s name was drawn from hundreds who completed our Customer Survey.
Thanks to everyone for filling out the Customer Survey, we got some valuable feedback and lots of heart-warming comments. Stay tuned to see your feedback put into action.
He’s got a great trip coming to him that includes:
4 nights at any Accent Inn anytime he wants
His choice of two of the following:
A Wine tasting tour for 2 in the Okanagan
2 admissions to Butchart Gardens in Victoria
2 rounds of Golf (total) in Kelowna, Kamloops or Victoria
River Rafting for 2 on the Chilliwack River
Have a great trip, John Hunter!
Checkout these and other great vacation ideas on the Accent Inn package page.
Well, we’ve just finished our second annual Accent Inns – source group Charity in Changing times seminars. This year we expanded the reach and put on the seminars at our Accent Inn Victoria hotel, Burnaby hotel and for the first time our Kelowna hotel.
The topic was communications and we were so please to have and incredible troupe of travelling experts. These experts, Robin Holden with the Source group, Ross Dunn with Stepforth Web marketing, Melinda Jolley with Tartan PR, were joined by local media representatives at each event. (more…)
VICTORIA, B.C. (October 15, 2009) Helping to remember those who sacrificed their lives along with the dedication of active service members, Accent Inns is partnering with the Royal Canadian Legion to commemorate Remembrance Day. For every guest wearing a poppy on November 11, 2009 and checking into an Accent Inns property, a $5 donation will be made to the Royal Canadian Legion BC/Yukon Command’s Poppy Campaign.
VICTORIA, B.C. (October 15, 2009) The countdown is on for the 2010 Olympic Torch Relay Celebrations in Victoria and Accent Inns is getting caught up in the excitement. From October 29 to October 31, 2009 the Accent Inn Victoria hotel is offering a “Fuel the Flame” rate of CDN $79 per night for the first and second night with the 3rd night at only CDN $20.10.
ACCENT INN OFFERS “COOL AID” TO HELP BEAT THE HEAT
VICTORIA, B.C. (July 28, 2009)-When the summer heat hits B.C. not everyone is prepared to deal with it, but Accent Inns is at the ready with air conditioned rooms and fun packages that will have guests cooling everything but their heels.
The Hyak River Rafting Package is a thrilling four and half hour ride for two on the Chilliwack River that includes a riverside buffet lunch, wetsuits, changing facilities, hot (or cold showers), a night at the Accent Inn – Vancouver Airport hotel and transportation to Chilliwack. The package rate is CDN $424 includes taxes and is valid from now until September 27, 2009
The Whales and Gardens Package has Accent Inn guests cooling down while they enjoy two of the hottest tickets in Victoria – whale watching and a scenic tour of Butchart Gardens with Prince of Whales, whale watching and eco-adventure company. Chill out with a two and half hour whale watching trip on a comfortable 42 foot vessel before being dropped off at the Butchart Gardens for a leisurely stroll. Top off the day with a comfortable sleep in an air conditioned room at the Victoria Accent Inn. The package rate is CDN $348 includes taxes and is valid from now until September 7, 2009.
For more information please visit www.accentinns.com/packages/adventure.htm.
To book reservations call 1-800-663-0298 or email email@example.com and ask for the Hyak or Whales & Garden Package.
About Accent Inns: The award-winning Accent Inns is a family-owned and operated company based in Victoria, British Columbia, with hotels located in Victoria, Richmond, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamloops. All Accent Inns are rated 3 1/2 stars and have developed a reputation for their accent on quality, reasonable rates and excellent service.
For further information:
John Espley, Business Development Manager, Accent Inns, Victoria BC ph: 250-360-1511, email: firstname.lastname@example.org