Women Making a Difference recently held their 5th Annual Tee Cup Charity Golf Tournament (www.teecupgolf.com) , sponsored in part by Accent Inns (www.accentinns.com) at Country Meadows Golf Course. Women Making a Difference members, Christine Campbell, Janet Clousten and Donna Price got together 51/2 years ago at a conference aimed at helping at the community level and started this event to raise money for a local charity.
Monies raised Women Making a Difference are used for families in need of counseling.
Touchstone Family Association (www.touchfam.ca) has been the recipient of all monies raised for the past five years. This year a full contingent of women golfers raised a record amount for this non profit community based Association. This social service agency has provided services to Richmond and nearby areas since 1983.
Touchstone, a participant in Accent Inn’s INNAID program, primarily focuses on preserving and enhancing family relationships.
Touchstone offers day program that are:
- Designed to support youth 12-19 and their families.
- Operating year found in collaboration with the Richmond School District community high schools.
- Relationship based philosophy, providing a continuum of service.
- Goal oriented, the focus is on school readiness.
- Small groups, structured settings addressing such topics as anger management, conflict resolution and life skills.
- Providing support required for successful integration into appropriate academic or vocational settings
They also offer the following outreach to the community:
o Individual and family counseling
o Family crisis intervention
o Parent-teen mediation
o Youth advocacy
o Summer recreation
For more information and/or to volunteer, contact Carol Hardie at
604 207-5029 or email email@example.com.
The Tee Cup Golf Tournament is held every year mid September.