Did you know:
Accent Inns was ranked one of the Best Places to Work in BC 2011
Over 50% of our staff have been with our hotel chain for 5 years or more?
That our Founder helps clean toilets - (don’t believe me - watch the video)
Being a family owned business, we treat our staff like one of our own… (except without the inheritance)
If you have the following qualities, Accent Inns might just be the place for you!
- Enjoy having fun at work (and doing a great job at the same time!)
- Bring a healthy dose of humour to your work (we draw the line at whoopee cushions and super soaker spray guns!)
- A can-do, flexible attitude (if you like rigid rules and policies – go work in a bank!)
- Of course, certain positions do require different skill-sets – see below for the available positions with Accent Inns and the skills required for each one.
HELLO...Is it you we're looking for??
Company Name: Accent Inns Inc.
Position: Corporate Controller
Preferred Start Date: May 15, 2015, or sooner
Industry Type: Accommodation/Hospitality
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Job Status: Permanent, Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
In this newly created position the Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and C.E.O. We are looking for a person with a positive outlook, is an agent of change, a problem solver and strategic thinker. Accent Inns Inc. is making some significant changes to its financial processes and is looking to the Controller to lead this transition.
Specific responsibilities include the following.
- Reviewing and issuing monthly internal financial statements, along with management discussion and analysis
- Coordinating the year end audit, preparing draft financial statements and a draft corporate tax return
- Managing the rolling forecast process
- Ensuring all financial systems and processes minimize the risk of financial loss and operate in the most efficient means possible
- Servicing the financial information needs of management, shareholders, our bank and our external auditors
- Participating in senior management’s strategic planning process
- Working closely with our Director of Operations to improve efficiencies and reduce operating costs
- Reviewing the monthly filing of GST and PST returns and the quarterly filing of WCB returns
- Working with each of our General Managers and assisting them with the financial planning and execution they are each responsible for
- Leading, mentoring and developing the finance team
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- A solid understanding of the Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is an asset
- An accounting designation is preferred, but significant experience in the hospitality industry can be a compensating qualification
- A good understanding of Sage 300 ERP is preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Human resources experience is an asset
- Previous staff management experience
- 5 - 10 years in an industry position, with some of those years being in a leadership role
- Strong analytical person with critical thinking ability
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to: Smith Munro, Director of Operations, Accent Inns Inc. (email – email@example.com), no later than March 31, 2015 – along with your salary expectations.
We thank you in advance for considering this opportunity. Only those candidates whom we wish to interview for this position will be contacted.